Pilot Won't stay lit when in the run position

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sfcthill

Ok Guys,
This is what I got; Nordyne, Model number MGBA-056ABFC-01, Serial- MGB9405-00677. The Pilot will lite and stay lit while in the Pilot positon. However, Once I put it to the on position, the furnace will kick on, but the fan blows out the pilot. The Little woman is getting tired of it. HELP
Robert

Hi,

Check pilot burner/orifice, pilot tubing for blockage. Make sure thermocouple is positioned correctly.

If all ok, replace thermocouple. If it does not resolve it, then need an hvac tech to test gas valve .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sfcthill

ok, I had a Technician check out the unit and he said the gas valve was bad. $250.00 later, he said the Heat exchanger was cracked and I would need a new furnace. I pulled the entire unit out and disasembled it. There was no crack in the unit at all. There was, however, ALOT of soot in the bottom of the heat exchanger. any suggestions? Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Clean it thoroughly, inspect again and if no crack found, call hvac tech out to show it to you.

If in the end you're sure there is no crack, reinstall and see if unit works.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?