M1BB 086A BW gas furnace Wont Start

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dblacks

Miller/nordyne M1BB 086A BW

Turn termostat on and nothing happens, power to the furnace but no noises f anythign trying to start and no led lights on the UE 1018 hot surface ignightor which should be flashing something. Tells me the board must be bad

what are your thoughts???

Thanks

Dana
dblacks

After taking the cover off where the coil and transformer are I found the 3a fuse on the red wire going coming from the thermastat to the transformer was blown, changed it turned power on and the thermastat made a cranckling noise like it fried itself and the fuse didnt blow but got very warm and the transformer 621807 got very very warm
Last edited by dblacks on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dblacks

any deas?
Robert

There is a short somewhere in the low voltage circuit. Get an hvac tech out to locate it for safety as it is a fire hazard.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
dblacks

i got my tester back frm my buddy and tested everything, turned out to be the centrifical switch in the motor shorted so I had to get a new motor, motor would run when I bypassed the modul thou so it was just the switch coming from the module, thanks anyways.

Odd thing is the short blew the fuse but also blue the transformer and the cheapo T-Stat.
Robert

Glad you found it. T-Stat and xfmr probably got hot before fuse blew. Second time they finished off before fuse blew.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?