Furnace runs properly occasionally

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

edtjr69

This is my first time using this forum so if I asked my question in the wrong area let me know. But here's my question; I have a M1MB 070A BW electric furnace and my problem is that it runs correctly when it wants to, and by that I mean it will fire up and run as it is supposed to for a day sometimes less and then the Control Light LED flashes a false flame/internal control fault, at that point I power off the unit and let it sit off for 15-30 min and power it back on. Now this is when it gets strange, the unit goes through its normal power up sequence:
Control power OK-sometimes its fine other times its not,
pilot engages OK-never had a problem here,
Good flame signal-same problem as Control power with an added twist that sometimes it will get a good flame until the blower starts then it gives the ff/ic fault
blower-starts always no matter what the control panel reads.
I was just wondering what could cause such erratic behavior in my furnace.
Robert

Hi,

Hard to say without being there to test the circuits. Could be an electrical short, a combustion air problem, faulty control board, intermittent problem with a component.

Problems like that need to be thoroughly tested by an hvac tech to locate what the cause is.

Then you can often DIY the repair or component replacement.

We have any components needed if you locate the problem area.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?