Outdoor water spigot

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

lucasboy

I need to replace the outdoor spigot in my 1984 Redman doublewide & I'm not to sure how these hook up under the house to the water line. Is the 8" spigot Marks selling basically the same one I have? I've replaced a lot of the old type spigots that screw on a galvanised water line but never one of these with the pipe coming out of the back. Thanks for any help.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck all
JD
Site Admin

Outdoor hose bibs come either male or female thread. Yours sounds like a female thread and Mark's product is a 1/2" male thread. No biggie. You would probably have to shorten your existing plumbing to fit this hose bib anyways, because of the 8" extension. The extension is actually there to mount to reach into a wall near an existing sink to "T" into an existing line. Since this is not what you are trying to do, just a regular hose bib from the home stores will do. Remember to get a backflow preventer for it. With the preventer, the hose bib will probably cost 12 bucks or so.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
lucasboy

Thanks JD, that gives me all the info I need.
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck all