Nordyne E2EH-012 will not run.

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

piper468

Hello,
I'm new to this forum but have used it to help T/S my mother-in-laws furnace. Today her furnace went out again.

This all started a month ago. Symptom: Blower won't start when you adjust the T-Stat but will come on when you flip the swith to run. Cold air only.

I thought that I would start with a multi-meter and see what I can find. The transformer was showing less than 15v on the DC side so I replaced it. No help. I noticed that the voltage was the same with the new one. Today I replaced the sequencer but I'm not convinced that it's bad. The voltage coming out was 125vac to all the elements. In the past when ever I cycled the main C/B's in the furnace it would start again. I also noticed that when it cycles there's a significant spark coming from the limit switch. Is this normal? Also after I replaced the sequencer and flipped the C/B's on it didn't start until the T-stat was lowered and raised. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I hope that I'm going in the right direction.
Robert

Transformer voltage is 240VAC in and 24VAC out, no DC voltage there.

Elements should have 120vac at each end to ground and 240vac across them.

No sparks should be present at limits.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?