Intertherm E2EB020HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

frogestil

Hey,
I've got an Intertherm E2EB020HA. We're usin a/c now and when the a/c shuts off the heatin elements start to cycle on and off. I guess they could still be cyclin on and off while the air is runnin but it still blows cold air. I've checked the elements and they look good not touching or anything else. I replaced my sequencers last year, and I believe for the same reason, jus with the a/c off. I also went from a non-programable t-stat to programable during the winter. Wires in the furnace area look great. I have 2 breakers in the furnace area, one on top of another. The top breaker doesnt change anything, on or off. The bottom breaker shuts down the heatin elements but also the a/c. I'd sure appreciate a direction to go with this.
Robert

Hi,

You would need to test voltages to see what is or is not working. Both breakers should shut down some of the elements.

Everything in the furnace is wired through those two breakers.

I would suspect a bad sequencer or a shorted circuit keeping elements energized or wired wrong somewhere.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?