nordyne model#s1ba-036k contactor and relay

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

shempy

i recently replaced my condensor fan motor . i now need to replace my contactor and there is a 300 second relay that is attached to it. my question is. what are the part numbers for these parts and where can i purchase them. the numbers on the contactor are faded and the relay is fried and i can't really get any numbers off of them either.i would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give me.
Robert

Hi,

Contactor # 621662

Delay On Break Fixed # 525 - 31420 - 000

Both can be seen and ordered from this page by scrolling down to contactor. Add to cart, type Fixed Delay p/n into search window and add it to cart, then check out . :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... esults.php

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
shempy

thamk you very much for the link. although i do not see the relay that i am looking for. this relay connects directly into the contactor itself. i will try to post a picture of it so you can see exactly what i am talking about.
Robert

Hi,

The Delay On Break Fixed connects to the contactor with wires. Send me the pic to [email protected] .

There are several types of the relay I gave the link for. Only 5 minute relay I know of for that circuitry.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
shempy

thank you very much for your help robert. i actually talked to someone at nordyne and found that the timer was replaced with p/n 914096.i found a local supplier who had both parts i needed.when i get this connected will everything work?do you think i should replace the capacitor also?also do you think i could have done any damage to my blower motor? as it is now nothing at all works, but if i push in the contactor the compressor comes on, but the blower inside the house does not. as always, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
steve
Robert

Hi Steve,

The relay I gave the link to is same thing as the Nordyne part and works the same. Have no way of knowing if this will take care of things or if the blower motor is damaged.

Inside blower is not controlled by outside contactor.

Thanks,
Robert
shempy

ok so what sends a signal to the blower to turn on?
shempy

basically what i am trying to find out is why my ac doesn't come on when i flip the switch
Robert

Hi,

You will have to troubleshoot the circuit with a volt-ohm meter to find why it is not coming on.

If you need help with that, go here and follow steps given:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Thanks,
Robert
shempy

the problem is that i am getting from the thermostat leads on the unit outside
Robert

Please refer to previous reply. Nothing in outside unit plays any part with inside blower motor.

Thanks,
Robert
shempy

thank you very much for all the help you are giving me robert. i know i probably have you screaming at me through the monitor. what happened is when the contactor, motor and relay blew out my thermostat also blew out. i talked to a tech and he said that usually when all that happens the transformer also blows out. i was not getting any voltage to the leads from the thermostat outside or inside nor to the therm. itself. i did some checking inside the unit in the house and found the transformer and checked it with my voltage meter and found it to be blown out also. hopefully this will be my last question to you.do you know the part number for the transformer in my unit?
Robert

Hi Steve,

You will have to either get that info from the local supplier or refer back to my previous reply and pay the troubleshooting fee.

Thanks,
Robert