Nordyne M1MB070ABW

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mlmcavoy

A few months ago the furnace quit working and was flashing 4 lights. The a/c still worked so being summer we decided to wait to get the furnace fixed (by we I mean my husband :) ). Today the fan stopped working but the a/c unit outside is still on. It's now got 5 flashing lights. I tried resetting it and just got the carp shocked out of my hand. There seems to be a small drip coming out of the tube going into the ceiling and while nothing is obviously wet I'm thinking that may be why I got shocked...I dunno. Any ideas on what is going on with this thing?
Robert

Hi,

The 4 flashes is "lock out due to failed ignition" which is usually due to faulty remote flame sensor, hot surface ignitor or gas valve or a combo of those.

The 5 flashes is "115vac and ground wires reversed or no ground".

That is most likely why you were shocked. Due to seriousness of this, best to call an hvac tech and get all resolved at same time.

Also need to check roof for leak at the VentilAire tube/roof-jack.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?