Water Leak Solution

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Wired500

I have a Nordyne E2EB-015H-A, downflow electric furnace with a 3.5 ton A-coil added new. The unit is ten years old. Around the first of this summer, I found the carpet wet in my hallway. I looked under the mobile home and found water dripping from the insulation where the furnace is located. I opened up the lower section of the furnace and found it full of water. During the spring I had replaced the supply fan motor and the condensing unit fan motor because of their age and the supply fan motor was supposed to be a four speed motor. The furnace came with a two speed motor. So I replaced it with the four speed. I wanted to increase the air flow alittle to help with the cooling. I first thought the increased air flow through the coil was pulling water out of the drain pan, but I slowed the motor down to the old motor speed and it did not help. Water was being pulled out of the drain pan under the coil before it made it to the front of the pan. After trying many things and the unit burning up a sequencer and the wiring in the control box because of the water, I tried this: I have always cleaned the coil twice a year with evaporator coil cleaner and washed the air filter once a month. Looking at the coil from the underside and the top, it was clean! But the coil is about three inches thick. I used my compressed air tank and an air blower and blew the coil out from the underside. I had all kinds of dirt on the walls of the closet this unit is in. I had to refill my air tank many times to blow the coil out completely. I used my shopvac to clean up all the dirt. It has been over a month now with the supply fan running at max speed with no signs of water anywhere. Thank You, Wired500
Robert

Hi,

That can sometimes be needed. If it works, it works. AS long as it takes care of it, good to go.

Many things can cause that and that is definitely one of those. Just keep monitoring it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?