Air conditioner blowing warm air

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

brandonm_13

About once a week (sometimes more), we'll feel warm air coming out of the air conditioner and one of the breakers controlling the outside A/C unit has flipped off. What can I do too keep it from flipping off? It happened once last year, then once this spring, and now it's happening every week.
Brandon
furnaceman

U either have a weak/loose breaker or something is drawing to much current.
How much experience do u have with a DVM meter?
If u dont have alot of experience, its best to call a pro.
U can start by shutting off the power to the outside unit and checking to see if every electrical connection is tight. Examin the capicitor (s) inside the access panel of the outside unit, ck for bulging/leaking ( these are usually silver shaped cans).
This is pretty much all u can do unless u know how to ck amp draw. measure voltage , extra with a meter.
Since it seems not to happen consistently, its possible the area u are in is prone to brown outs and subsequent power surges. i noticed on this site they sell a delay on break kit, it might be worth putting one on.
i realize that the help i am giving u is not complete and is a hit or miss. the reason is because i dont know your level of experience, and i dont want u to get fried.
:mrgreen:
Robert

Hi,

1-faulty breaker
2-loose or faulty wire(s)
3- high amp draw
4- high usage or high heat on old weak breaker
5- brownouts in area.

Same as furnaceman basically.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
brandonm_13

Since it's the breaker on the pole just outside my house, should I contact my local heating and air guy, or someone from the local electric company?
Brandon
Robert

Call an hvac company and check, most only work from wall disconnect next to unit. Either they can do it or need to call an electrician.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?