Intertherm MGH-055-ABWN-06 motor wiring

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

homebuff

Afternoon Robert!
Wife just called me earlier today telling me the motor was on fire & had to rush home to investigate.
Sure enough the windings were burnt up & flame did show signs of coming out unit from black soot.
I purchased a new caged 4 ton blower unit & forgot the wiring details.
Has the 6 wire plug tht goes into the upper small box that houses the relay.
Have to reuse the older 6 pin plug cause the new motor has male pins just like my old motor.
Can you assist me as quick as possible.
My wife has Fibro & Is a diabetic has to stay in the house without heat till I get home today to finish wiring it back up.
Already assembled the new motor in the housing here at work.
Had to swap the cage form being a differant layout but the motor will work cause it has the same wires coming from the motor & already has the capacitor wired up with the 2 brown wires.
Thank's! I really do need your assistance badly.
David
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
Robert

The wiring diagram is on the side of every motor. IF it is the correct motor, then you should be able to plug it in and go.

The furnace wiring diagram will give further help if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

Well sad to say I could'nt find anyone availible to come & wire it up so I tried it myself & am out $150.00 now cause I burn'nt the motor up trying to wire it myself.
Stupid me!! Stupid me!!
Wife's real teed off at me now for sure. The motor was a 4 speed with the wires I had mentioned earlier & a few didn't match the wiring from the relay box.
Guess I should have got a 3 speed instead of a 4 speed motor like th one I purchased from you a long while back.
Called up my Stepson last night & he told me I should have just wired it temporaily to high & low till he could get over here to wire it right.
Just trying to help my sick wife out & now I have to find another motor quick.
The motor did have a schematic on it but like I said didn't match some of the other wiring on my relay box.
Didn't have a high/low wire attached to the 3 way terminal blade in the relay box.
The high side terminal blades had a red & black wire on them so I left the red one off.
Just made things worse for me & slept with a very small window unit a friend had loaned us & ran a big fan in front of the unit & blocked off one of the rooms with blamkets & closed the rest of the doors to the other rooms to try to keep the cool air in the living room.
Good thing the 100 degree temps are over I hope for now.
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
homebuff

Robert!!!
The motor I purchased from you a long while back is model #KA55HXSMW-2346 HP 1/3 Volt 115 HZ60 Amp 5.0 PH 1 RPM 1075/3spd.
See if you can reloate it for me very quickly & i'll see about purchasing another one & get it to me overnight shipping.
Please get back to me as soon as possible.
I'm in desperate need of this motor.
My wife is real sick with being a diabetic & we need a motor now.
Thank's for your needed help!
David
I do mean really quickly!
Robert

Hi David,

Call Mark at 605-229-2627 and he'll get it taken care of the quickest and get it shipped out.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
homebuff

Thank's Robert! :D
I'll get to it as soon as I get caught up here at work.
When I have the $20.00 for the manual with the schematics of the whole unit i'll get back to you.
Your the best!! :wink:
David
Robert

Hi David,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

Have an a/c guy coming by this afternoon to see if the motor can be salvaged & work on high & possibly low only till I can get the funds to buy your motor unles he can get me one quicker.
The winding inside are definately cooks by being black.
Robert

Hi David,

You needed the info quickly and received it. This forum as well as the other hvac forums are part of a business and I am contracted to work here and answer questions and sale needed parts.

You have in the past been given the link to pay the troubleshooting fee and never have, but continue to ask questions repeatedly.

You also are repeatedly asking info on parts, yet seldom buy usually claiming the prices are too high or you found it locally quicker and/or cheaper.

Again this time you needed asap and would order and have it shipped overnight only to get the info and then start trying for a quicker and cheaper solution locally.

This will not be continued any further in that manner. I'm sorry it has to be this way, but our time is very valuable to us and working for free doesn't pay my bills nor does it keep these forums and this site running.

There are enough forum questions and answers and articles and info here all for free that research can usually find. Add to that the fact that I am very generous and lenient to allow more info to be given in my answers.

With that said, once the troubleshooting fee is given, it must be adhered to the same for everyone.

I hope you will think of this when asking for the info. If you wish to buy quicker and/or cheaper locally, by all means do so. However, you should also direct your many questions locally as well.

You do indeed get what you pay for and we ask little for all we give in return. Hope you understand.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

Hey Robert! :(
I quite understand your conditions & I appoligize for getting so carried away with asking so many questions when I can merely go to others problems & find answers that way on the forums.
I have done that in the past & helped me out some.
You people are experts at helping us all out & I thank you for that.
I'm thinking of taking a crash course on wiring from my Stepson on Havac related issues.
It's alot differant than working on car electrical problems which I deal with everyday at my Ford company.
I work pay check to pay check which makes it a tough challenge for me to pay for your kind of help but in the future I will if I need to.
Anyway My Stepson did come over & brought another unit housing & motor assy. but was a 3/4 h/p & not a 1/3 or 1/2 h/p.
I did indeed fry my new 1/2 h/p motor I installed myself & wired up.
My stepson told me I wired it to a direct short "what ever that means" & didn't have the common white wire hooked up correctly.
I'm out $150.00 but he didn't charge me a penny for the one he brought over.
Puts out alot more air which he said it might have an adverse effect on how it performs being a larger h/p motor.
So far overnight it's been cooling fine & cycling normally & not staying running all the time before.
I'll find out how it functions this winter & if it doesn't he said he would come over & turn the speed down.
I'm indeed sorry if I have stepped out of line here so please accept my appoligies.
I know you have certian policies you go by & from now on I will go by them.
You know in the past I have purchaced products from you like a motor & maybe a few other things & I thank you very much for coming to my rescue in my time of need.
Thank's for your past support! :wink:
David
Robert

Hi David,

No problems, just think of me running service calls and also coming on here and answering all the questions plus the many emails I get away from the site.

In the time from oct. to feb., I answer on average 30 to 40 questions a day.

Most hvac techs charge on avg. $75 an hour, so $20 for an hour of troubleshooting help is a good deal.

It also would save a $150 wiring mishap.

Every a/c system and furnace is designed for a certain amount of airflow, going over or under can be detrimental to the system.

More headache and heartache than you may want.

Get the right size motor.

If it helps any, I have diabetes, hypertrophic idiopathis subaortic stenosis and am retired on disability from law enforcement with serious neck, shoulder and back problems/injuries.

I understand your wifes needs completely.

Thanks,
Robert
homebuff

Early morning to you Robert! :D
This is not a technical question.
I'm planning on replacing the windings on both motors I have.
Is there a distributor warehouse where I can get the windings to do this?
The motor's are Emerson's & one is one you sold me a while back.
I've been Gooling & havn't come up with one yet.
I've been studing up on motor havac wiring up motors to units so I don't make this mistake again in the future, learning the basics you might say.
The armutor looks great.
I'll need it for a spare since i'm out $150.00.
Thank's!
David
Oh! I hope your not sore at me. :cry:
Once again i'm sorry for my ignorance.
I understand not everything is free.
From now on I will use your $20.00 support if I need your assistance.
You may lock this post if need be once you respond.
Robert

Hi David,

No info on any source for those. Sorry. I don't get sore, It's not productive. :wink:

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
homebuff

:D Thank's! I just wanted to know. I'll just keep searching. Found one site: EIS/Holden Ltd
Have a great Sunday.
David
Robert

Thanks,
Robert