Nordyne Filter

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ejl5090

I have been using the 917763 aluminum mesh 16x19 filters since I got the house. It is time to replace them and have become more interested in the hogs hair filters after reading several of the post and what appears to be the prefered type of filter to use.

My questions are, is it correct that I use one or the other, not both the hogs hair filter and the aluminum mesh filter?

My lovered door measures 22 inches across and 35.5 inches tall on both the top and bottom sections. Can I just order the large hog hair filter or do I need to order a special size for these deminsions?

Then it says the price for 2. And I've read several places where you say to get 2 that way you can have a spare while you wash the older one. Do you need 2 orders, 1 for the top section, 1 for the bottom section, and the 2 spares for each? Or just a filter for the top section of the door?

And do I need the clips since there is a lip on my door that seems it would fit behind?

Furnance Model # E3EB-012H
A/C Model # 018,024

Below is a picture of the filter door and the backside of the furnace door. Is this something that I need to clean and replace often or just vaccum on a regular basis?
filter.jpg
filterdoor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Hi,

Measure the louvered upper door only, then get size big enough to fill complete back side of door behind the louvers. Cut it to fit correctly.

Get two as mentioned in your post. BOTH for upper door. One and a spare.

Bottom door is not a filter, it is insulation.

Just use the one hogs hair only at a time.

Clips are rarely needed, filter is thick enough to stay in most cases.

Clipper handles are good for pressing in behind the door lip edges.

One order for two filters.

Please call 605-229-226-2627.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
flcruising

We've got the exact same furnace. That's not a picture of the filter door, that's just the louvered closet door for airflow to the furnace. Ours is upflow, so it sits on a filter base that holds 2-16x20s, but yours may be downflow, so the filter should just sit on top.
[color=blue]Aaron[/color]
Robert

Is your a-coil enclosed or just sitting open atop the furnace ?

Needs to be enclosed with a louvered door in front with filter or filter rack at top with filter.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
flcruising

Was this a question for me Robert?
My a-coil is enclosed with an access door just like the insulated door shown above. My blower enclosure is the same. Blower sits on the a-coil cabinet which sits on the filter stand. This is inside a closet with the water heater beside it. There are 2 louvered closet doors just like ejl5090 shows but no filter goes on the inside of either door.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Hi Aaron,

No, it was for ejl5090 .

Thanks,
Robert
flcruising

Thanks Robert. You are welcome to delete my post if you need. Sorry to clutter.
Robert

Naahhh, may help someone out.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert