Nodyne s3qa-042k Fan Motor Wiring

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jaztitch

I need help wiring the fan motor for a s3qa-042k fan motor. There are three wires: orange, blue and black. Blue and orange are supposed to go to the capacitor and black says line. How should I connect this? I have two capacitors, I believe. I have a smaller Capacitor with two connection points that is smaller than the other capacitor, which has three connection points labeled c(condensor), H(help with this one?) and F(fan). The smaller one is zip tied on, so I'm guessing that it's unneeded?
Robert

Look on furnace facing and give me the furnace model number .

The larger run cap is a dual for compressor and fan motor. Fan side probably failed and a new fan run cap was added.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jaztitch

furnace facing? I don't understand. I got the fan up and running, had to run the fan line to T1 through the fan run cap(you were right). Now, however, the fan motor will not run, nor does the capacitor make any noise whatsoever.
jaztitch

Nevermind, I found out that the fan run cap was bad, I removed the T1 to Cap connection and directly connected the fan to T1 and it works.
Robert

Do not run the fan without the run capacitor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jaztitch

Alright. I got a new run capacitor. Do you mean that I need both capacitors? How do I go about getting the oval fan run capacitor?
jaztitch

Start capacitor is sticky, run capacitor is new.
Robert

It doesn't have a start cap. It had a dual run cap. Then an added fan run cap i ndicating the fan run cap half of dual dual run cap was bad.

Thanks,
Robert
jaztitch

Alright, we got the motor hooked up correctly, but now, the motor seems to get extremely hot after about 5 minutes and shuts off. Coul;d that simply be a fan blade positioning problem?
Robert

Could be, but can't say without being there. IF it is getting hot, I would get an hvac tech out to see what's wrong before the motor is burnt up.

Thanks,
Robert
jaztitch

Alright, I'll get an hvac expert up asap. The fan blades had scooted on up the shaft against the motor, but the motor itself is still getting too hot.
jaztitch

Re-positioned fan blades, motor ran SLIGHTLY longer and then stopped again. Later, it rained and I decided to see if it was that the motor was heating up and getting too hot, as usual, the motor was painfully hot.
Robert

Call an hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
jaztitch

I called the Hvac tech and he came out here. He checked the motor and informed me that the motor doesn't have enough horsepower. He said that I need one that has about 1/4 horsepower and the one I have has 1/8 horsepower. it's part number 621300
Robert

621300 has been replaced by 621720 which is 1/8hp and is correct, as was the 621300.

May need a reputable and competent hvac tech.

It can be seen here and ordered if needed:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... nser-motor

Thanks,
Robert