Who has a furnace of approx 46000 BTUs

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Greg S

I know this is not the place to post HVAC questions but I have a question in that section and have not received a response so thought I could ask a general question here.
I have a 900 sq ft single wide in the cold north (Canada) with a Coleman furnace (propane) with a output of 46000 BTUs and was wondering who else has a furnace of this output or similar, what is the size of their home and the climate they live in.
I am trying to get a general idea whether this furnace is adequate or not for the conditions it will be used in.
I know from searching that this identical furnace is installed in at least one double wide owned by a member of this forum and I have a friend with a slightly smaller output furnace of a different manufacturer in the same size home down the street so I believe I am probably OK but......... does any one have similar setup and situation as I have.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Groo

how well insulated is the home.

Mine is a comperable sized home and poorly insulated (3" walls), but came with a much larger furnace. I am also in a bit colder of an area too.
Greg S

It probably isn't that well insulated as it is a 30 year old home. I intend to do a complete reno so when completed should be much better. I will likely be adding rigid foam on the exterior under new siding.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Groo

I think I'd rather add a pellet stove than install a new furnace if it turns out you need more heat.