Beckett Model AF-15 Filter Location

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Legally_Blonde

I have a two questions that I hope someone will be able to help me with.

I have a Miller Furnace in a single wide mobile home with the bottom of the fuel tank approximately 3 feet below the pump. The current set-up is a 3/8" O.D. one-line system with the fuel line and filter attached to the valve at the bottom of the tank. I want to change the fuel line to come from the top of the tank using a duplex fitting and have purchased a Gar-Ber spin-on fuel filter that I would like to install in the burner cabinet to the left and above the burner.

The first question is with the top of the filter housing about 10 inches above the pump will I be creating problems with trapping air at this filter loop.

The second question is the filter instructions state "All fittings should be flared, 1/2" O.D. tubing." Do I need to change tubing diameter or will the existing work.

Thanks!
Ed
Robert

Hi Ed,

Since I do not and have not very much done work on oil furnaces, I will leave this here for those with oil furnace knowledge to answer.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?