Weak Flame status

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mod1

I have a Miller M1mb 070 Abw. I am getting a weak flame fault. The furnace will fire and ignite, the blower motor kicks on and will run for about 2 minutes then all shuts down. I had an HVAC tech install a new HSI, he also noticed the roof jack had rusted at the cap. This was replaced and the problem persists. I have adjusted the ignitor out of the flame and in to the flame adjusted at 5/16" I still get the issue. My red led is burned out the hvac tech tells me so I get no other fault. I have vacuumed the heat exchanger, burner tube. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Combustion fan works fine also.
Robert

Inspect burner orifice for spider/web.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mod1

Thanks Robert. HVAC tech was out today, tested Gas valve checked everything. He says it may need to have an OEM HSI for proper rectification. Or it need a control board. Can the control board be bad if all functions properly except for the flame out issue? Also must it be an OEM ignitor? Thanks for the help.
Robert

Hi,

Control board can be easily ruled out if he is competent in troubleshooting. Does not have to be OEM,just needs to meet same specs, but OEM is best.

Did he inspect the burner orifice for spider/web ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mod1

Thanks again Robert,
He pulled the orifice cleaned everything including the gas valve. He is telling me the only thing it could be is no oem ignitor or control board not reading the signal for rectification properly. With the Red led gone on the control board not giving any codes, I ordered a new one from you guys yesterday. I should have that today. He has put in two different ignitors and still a no go. The guy is really scratching his head i think I have had the Service and Operations Manager out to look at it and still no heat! I hope the board fixes it.
Robert

You can look at wiring diagram and electrically test the entire heating circuit to find the interruption.

IF the ignitor is getting full 120vac voltage to it, then use a meter (micro-amps) to test flame rectification from ignitor.

Ignitor will be bad if getting 120vac and not working or working, but not reading correct rectification.

Thanks,
Robert