MMHA 070ABHR -05 Gas Heater non responsive

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Macayla

Hi,
The pilot light is not on and it states not to attempt to light manually.
I know there is a manual reset switch (according to the writing on the heater itself) but cannot find it. There is not a switch with a red or any other type of button in the middle, anywhere.
The air conditioner works as does the fan if I turn it on, just nothing from the heater.
I do not have the manual and cannot find one to download on the internet.
Thanks for any help.
Robert

Hi,

Manuals can be ordered from here:

http://www.hvacmanuals.com/

If you cannot find yours, call Mark at 605-229-2627 and see if he has one not listed yet.

IF nothing happens when in heat mode, probably an electrical problem with wiring or a component such as the control module.

I offer a $20 troubleshooting fee if you want steps on what/where to test with volt meter. I do this by email one on one.

You do not have a pilot light, your furnace uses a hot surface ignitor for igniting the burner.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Macayla

Thanks for the response.
A search shows no manual at the link you provided so I will call Mark tomorrow.
The instructions on the actual furnace state to push in the manual limit switch reset button if the burner does not function. I know what the reset button is supposed to look like but I still cannot find it.
Once found, if the furnace still doesn't work I will definitely need some troubleshooting guidance.
Thanks again
Robert

It's usually on the middle shelf area, left side near blower assembly or mounted to side of blower assembly housing.

Mark may or may not have a manual, but call him and see.

Let me know if you need the link to the troubleshooting fee info.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?