M1MB 070A BW Ignition parts/a little help

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

[email protected]

So I have done basic troubleshooting and after I got the 4-blink LED I decided to do some research. First question is how tight should the nuts on the flexible gas hose be :? ? I'm trying to inspect the burner tube/orifice but I don't want to break something off, I'm cracking on the nuts pretty good but they're not budging. Second question, can anybody give me a quote on a new main piece? I'm pretty positive my gas intake is clogged, :x damn spiders :x , so if someone could let me know sooner than later it would be much appreciated. :D
Robert

Hi,

Tight enough not to leak, so fairly tight. You should be able to get it loose though.

What are you referring to as the "main piece". Spiders like to get in the burner orifice/spud behind the gas valve.

You just clean them out if so.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

4 blinks is ignition failure. That is usually one of these 3:

ignitor
flame sensor
gas valve

Your ignitor is also your flame sensor.

Do you ever see the ignitor glow ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
[email protected]

Everything seemed to be working fine, I smelt the little gas that I'd assume would've been used for the pilot? But there was no activity in the chamber. After 3 or 4 failed attempts by the furnace to lite I received the LED warning.

Sry about the confusion, the "main piece" as I'm defining it for this issue is the apparatus that the main gasline goes into and it also has the red gas primer type switch, I've experienced the spider webs before, the reason i ask for the quote is the last time I had to replace the "main piece" because they got past the the inner "really-fine" screen.

Back to the current problem at hand tho, I had two different sets of channel locks try without success to disconnect the flexhose (from the main gas line) from the "main piece". Should I just give-her-hell or do u have a more subtile approach I could try? I'm probably being too cautious but I just want to make sure I don't cause a minor problem that could be much bigger later :)

Thanks for your help
furnaceman

As a suggestion, u might have better luck using a couple of large cresent wrenches or better pipe wrenches :mrgreen:
Robert

2 pipe wrenches. Do you ever see the ignitor glow ?

There is no burner flame at all,,,,,,,,correct ?

Thanks,
Robert
[email protected]

No light at all but the rest at least appeared to be working correctly
Robert

Hi,

Is your current gas valve(main piece) a Honeywell or Robertshaw ?

Thanks,
Robert
[email protected]

robertshaw
Robert

Honeywell Gas Valve # 903596 can be seen and ordered here by paging down to it:

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -valve-HSI

Comes with adapter and kit to convert from a Robertshaw to a Honeywell gas valve.

Thanks,
Robert