Combustion Air Switch Failed to Close

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

freddy6282

I have a furnace model DGAT056BDF that worked fine last winter but when i tried to turn it on for the first time this year, it wouldn't start and showed 3 flashing lights for the error code, which on my furnace reads "Combustion air switch failed to close" I couldn't hear the pressure switch clicking or sealing off when it was on, yet was getting voltage to the terminals, so i tried replacing the pressure switch with no success. What parts should i be looking at, or what else could be causing the error code to come up? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Freddy
Robert

Blockage or leak in combustion air pipe, combustion motor or wheel faulty-dirty, tubes to pressure kinked, loose or clogged.

IF all ok, 24vac to one of the two wires at switch and a new switch installed, time to call an hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
freddy6282

Thanks I'll check to make sure the motor and wheel aren't dirty, tubes look to be fine. Appreciate the help!
freddy6282

For anyone else who might be having the same problem as I had...It was indeed the fan on the combustion blower, it was seized up and needed to be cleaned and lubricated.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Glad it is taken care of.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?