Coleman presidential model 7663

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

coldoverhere

I am in desperate need of some help quick! I need to find a replacement transformer easier said than done. I'm worried about purchasing the wrong one with no refund policy again. I'm going to list everything that is on the old transformer and hopefully someone will know what I'm talking about and looking for. When mounted properly it has a yellow and black wire coming out of the front of the coil. And a blue and red wire coming out of the back of the coil.

PRL
120V 50-60 CY.
BE 11246 KGF 45
Basler Electric
Highland, Illinois
7660B350
SEC.
24V 40VA
Class 2
furnaceman

part # 621486. I recommend u purchase it from this site.

I'm curious as to why u think u need one.
If infact you know for sure that u need one, and found the reason ( short the secondary system, i. e. t-stat wires, ect.) and fixed the problem, I suggest you put a 3 amp " auto" ATC fuse inline on the secondary side to prevent having to replace xformer again. Not on the neutral/common wire.
gordo48111

I am with furnaceman about the reason for needing a new xformer. If you haven't already, I would check for 120V on the primary side and 24V on the secondary side of the xformer. If you do not have 120V on the primary, problem lies in the power source. If no 24V on the secondary, bad xformer. It is a very common item you should have no problem finding. Mounting may be different. The info you need to know is 120V primary, 24V secondary, 40VA but I would take the one in question with me to compare with the replacement.
"Man...that blowed up real good!"
Robert

Transformer # 2940A3541 can be seen and ordered from here by paging down :

http://www.aberdeenhomerepair.com/store ... -120V-40VA

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?