Blower/Fan problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

japan2va

Nordyne
Model FEH-020HA
Serial F001 217069

Were having a problem with the heater. When we turn up the thermostat, the fan turns on, but makes a terrible noise, wont go full on, and wont push out any heat or air. We tried oiling the parts, and it doesnt seem to be stuck on anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark
Site Admin

Does the motor get really hot when it runs? If so, that's a sign that the motor is shot.

I can get you a part number for a new motor, but would need to know if this furnace is heat-only or do you also use it for a/c?
You can't fail if you don't try!
japan2va

No, I had in "running" for about 30 minutes and it didnt seem to get hot. I guess if there isnt anything else I could just get the new motor.

btw- its just heating.
Mark
Site Admin

You'll want to be sure that the blower wheel is fastened tight on the motor shaft and not wobbling there. Otherwise if the noise is coming from the fan area, there's not much else it could be.
You can't fail if you don't try!