Help no heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dan

Hi I have a Nordyne electric furnace model E1EH-012H in a manufactured home. Last winter the system keep running and did not shut down so i put a new sequencer(621596) and that soved that. Recently I tried to run the furnace and set the t-stat above the home temp. I heard a clinking sound going to the relay box(340126) but no heat. The blower fan works on manual but not on auto. Any idea's thanks By the way graet web site.

This is what I done so far I pulled the sequencer and limit,2pole(626428) and had the local repair check them out.The limit pole was okay then he check half of the sequencer and was okay. Then he told me to put all together and check the 24 volt end of the sequencer, which i did with a multi-meter and seem fine. I also check the heating elements(902824) with the multi and seem to be fine.
Robert

Hi,

Is it just the blower not coming on or the blower and elements ALL not working ?

Open relay box and duplicate noise and try to narrow down source.

Does the relay box have relays or a circuit board inside ?

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dan

The blower comes on only if i switch to on. but does not come on if set to auto , and no the elements does not come on. Its a ac relay circuit board same as your part number 624567 ( 108.00) on the bottom relay it clicks, orange wire going to it when i set the t-stat on. thanks for time
Robert

Hi,

The blower motor will not come on in auto unless the elements energize.

You state they are not energizing.

The sequencer controls the elements and also the blower motor for heating mode.

Set t-stat to call for heat, HEAT/AUTO/85* .

Set multi-meter to test for 24-28vac.

Test across H1/H2 and H3/H4 .

If you read 24-28vac keep going. If not, reply back.

Test across M1/M2, M3/M4 and M5/M6 for 240vac

Let me know results:

24-28vac tests:

H1/H2 = ?

H3/H4 = ?

240vac tests:

M1/M2 = ?

M3/M4 = ?

M5/M6 = ?

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dan

Thanks for your quick reply.
I did the 24-28vac test

H1/H2=no reading

thanks,
Robert

Hi Dan,

With t-stat turned to OFF, remove cover and test across R and W, one meter lead on each for 24-28vac.

Then set t-stat to call for heat again, HEAT/AUTO/85* and test across same R and W for 24-28vac.

Thanks,
Robert
Dan

with t-stat off for 24-28vac I get 27.5
with t-stat calling for heat I get 0.0

Curious - the black and white wire from transformer going to sequenser, getting no volts from there - should there be?
Robert

Hi Dan,

With t-stat calling for heat, HEAT/AUTO/85*, you have a White wire from t-stat and the Black/White wire from transformer.

Those two wires come to H1 and H2 on sequencer.

With meter set for 24vac, one lead on each, you should read 24-28vac.

From your readings so far, you have 24vac to and through t-stat, but not at H1/H2.

Go to the 6 pin molex connector plug and check it.

The white from t-stat comes into pin 2, jumpers over to pin 1.

Then it goes through the plug to pin 1 on other plug and down to sequencer.

Check pins 1 and 2 and make sure the 24-28vac is getting through.

I feel it is most likely there where you have a loose connection and are losing the circuit power.

Thanks,
Robert