Nordyne Model: E1EB-015HA Blower motor prob

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mred

Here is the deal the blower motor will not come on in either heat or ac unless thermostat switch is set to on, and that isn't always successful. I most of the time have to go to the furnace and tap on the housing below the blower motor and then the fan kicks on. I was wondering if it was blower relay and do you have a wiring diagram for this particular model.

Thank You
Mr. Ed
Robert

Hi Mr. Ed,

For heat mode, the sequencer controls the blower motor.

For a/c mode, the blower relay controls the blower motor.

Could be either of those, but each only controls one mode, not the other.

How many wires connect at the wall t-stat ?

Could be t-stat or a On/Auto switch if applicable.

Go here to order a parts/wiring diagram through email:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/wireandparts.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mred

5 wires to wall t-stat

don't use ac this only occurs in heat mode

it can either happen on auto or on

you tap the base of the furnace unit and the fan runs

i was thinking faulty sequencer but was wanting other opinions
mred

oh one other ?

do you guys have the wiring diagram for this specific model?

please let me know if so i will order it

Mr. Ed
Robert

Hi Mr. Ed,

Will have to check on wiring diagram, should have it or the next series which is 99% of time identical.

Open the control box and when the blower does not come on, at sequencer, test across H1/H2 and H3/H4 for 24-28vac .

THEN, test across M1/M2, M3/M4 and M5/M6 for 240vac.

Be careful, this is 240volts LIVE and tight fit.

That should tell if sequencer or not as problem.

With your additional info, I would suspect sequencer, as it is only component in the furnace that controls the motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mred

well Robert

I have a slight prob i see the terminals but have not a clue which one is H1/H2 H3/H4.

Same goes for M1/M2 M3/M4 M5/M6 for the 240.

I had it serviced last winter the guy told me he needed to get a wiring diagram to be able to diagnose and fix the prob. told me to wait 3-4 days well as i said that was last winter when i call the guy he doesn't return my calls.

I opened the furnace up and found some interesting things. First i found more than one wire disconnected. Second i found that two of the wires coming from the tranformer had been cut.

I was could make out some of the wiring diagram on the backside of cover plate to realize that 240 was feeding transformer and that 24-28 was what was supposed to come out. I test the two connected wires and found they each had 120 to them. then i tested the cut wires and got an unusual reading it was between 80-90 volts. I am beginning to think this is a going to be just a crazy nightmare.

Gotta fix it myself. Have no choice can't afford HVAC man and especially don't want too after what i have found in furnace and no returned calls.

Could you also please check to see if you have the complete wiring diagram.
Nordyne Model E1EB-015H, 015H
I was wrong on my subject as far as model A was actually H.

PLEASE HELP
Mr. ED :?
Robert

Hi Mr. Ed,

We have that diagram or the next series one which will be same or very close. Just wanted to add, the one I have is probably exact and it is in front of me.

It can be ordered here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/wireandparts.html

Your transformer should be tested as follows:

Look at top and you'll see LINE or PRIMARY or 240VAC and two terminals, one on each side.

Place one meter lead on each terminal at same time, should read 240vac

Go to other side, should say LOAD or SECONDARY or 24VAC.

Remove what is there, mark where it was and measure same way across the terminals for 24-28vac.

You should read 24-28vac IF good.

At the sequencer, the bottom brass terminals are the H and the middle and top silver terminals are the M.

may need a BRIGHT light and even a magnifying glass to read the small white lettering at each.

One side will say H1 and other side H2, then back to other side again H3 and across again H4.

M1/M2, M3/M4 and M5/M6 are same way.

Bottom H terminals are all 24VAC and middle and top M terminals are 240VAC for testing.

Here is close up of sequencer:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/media/i ... 621678.jpg

Right side top is M1 and M2

Right side middle is M3 and M4

Bottom brass is H1 and H2

Left side of pic top is M5 and M6

Bottom brass is H3 and H4

IF you can get ANY numbering off the transformer, send it to me here also.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mred

Got it working fine!!!!

Thanks a million Robert.

Mr. ED
Robert

Hi Mr. Ed,

That's great and you're very welcome. Was it the sequencer ?

Take care and best wishes,
Robert