Nordyne (M1MB 077A AW) Furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

loweyj

Hello,

I am curious as to the possibility off adding a Programmable Thermostat to my exisiting sytem. My current thermostat is a Nordyne with only 2 wires comming from the wall where it is mounted.

I know nothing about all this stuff, and I would like to know if I could indeed mount a programmable thermostat and if I am limited to only certain types/makes/models as I only have a two wire system.

Thanks !
Robert

Hi,

You will need a 4-5 wire a/c control box also. Then get the t-stat to match your system.

Also, get a battery operated one or you will need to run a common wire from transformer to t-stat as well.

I would suggest either a Honeywell or White Rodgers t-stat as best choices.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
loweyj

Hi Robert and thanks for your reply !

I'm confused as to why I need a A/C control box, as I don't have A/C, or are you referring to something other than air conditioning?

Jim
Robert

Hi Jim,

With heat only, just get the t-stat only.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?