Coils

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bqz

I'm looking for heating coils for my electric furnace can anyone tell where to find the right part? I seen several on the web site but which one to order ??

Central Electric Furnace
Intertherm 76,000 btu
Model # FEH-023HR-03
Appliance code E0000022091
Date code 870515
Robert

Go here and scroll down to Restring Kits:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

The Heating Elements are no longer avaialable and you'll need to restring any bad elements.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bqz

Thanks ,
But how do I determine witch ones I need to buy ??
Robert

How many coils does your furnace have now ?

It is 23KW, so probably has 4. This can get tricky and they must be correct size and go in correct place.

Also has to be installed correctly, so you may wish to get a Tech to do for you.

I'll leave that to you, you know what you're capable of.

Thanks,
Roberty
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bqz

Yes sir it does have four and the top two are broken.
I can do just about anything if given good instruction.
Would you happen to know which four I need ??
(I would like to go ahead and replace all of them at same time)
I was hoping to buy the whole thing already assembled.
I also see that I can send it in and have it done there at moblehomerepair,any idea of turn around time ??
Problem I have is I'm in Indiana and my trailer is in Tennessee I go every other weekend to work on it and it would be nice to get some heat going on my next trip in two weeks.
Robert

May I ask where in Tennessee (County) ? Let me look up some info and give more in a few.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi,

Well, a little pricey, be you can still get them already assembled and ready to go, minus the Limit Switches which have to be ordered and installed on the front plates.

Heating Element # 902821 @ $163.00

Heating Element # 902824 @ $186.00

Limit Switch # 626409 (2) (cost unknown until tomorrow0

Shipping = Approx. $24.00 - $30.00

You can see the element assemblies by scrolling down to locate:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

I will add also, if replacing element assemblies or the coils restrung, along with new limits it would be advised to replace the sequencer.

Sequencer # 901076 @ $57.00 can be seen at same link above.

It controls the elements and blower motor for heat mode.

Thanks,
Robert
bqz

Clay county near Dale Hollow Lake

Sequencer # 901076
Already bought that part.

Are you saying I need part #902821 and # 902824 :shock: or is just one of these a replacement for the four string I have?

Can parts be returned if they don't fit?

I guess I can try restring it myself ,but again I'm not sure witch strings to buy? At 29.00 ea I might be better off.
Would you know which strings I need by chance and limit switches ?Maybe I'll try it.
Robert

Hi,

I didn't look closely enough last night at pic of the element coils.

Go to the link page where they are shown and click on pic for enlarged view.

IF your current coils connect the same way to the isolators from the side, then the replacement element assemblies are the only choice available.

Also, if that is the case, both the 902821 and 902824 are needed, there are two coils per assembly.

The restring coils are smaller in diameter and slide through round isolators in the old style elements.

Those are no longer made or available and the reason for the restring coils as only alternative.

As long as the assemblies are available, restring kits are not made for the others, which I blieve is what you have.

Your furnace is 21.6KW, 10KW in one assembly and 11.6KW in the other.

As stated earlier, you would need to purchase new limits, two of them for the assemblies.

Sorry for the oversight if this is indeed what you have.

Clay County, North-Middle Tn. I'm in West Tn.

We tried finding restring kits for the newer furnaces to no avail and tried to make the restringers work with the newer assemblies to no avail also.

Not what you probably wanted to hear and I apoligize for that, but we don't get to make those manufacturing decisions.

Just let us know and we'll help as much as possible.

Limit Switch is # 626409 and you'll need two. Will get cost tomorrow on those.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bqz

"IF your current coils connect the same way to the isolators from the side, "

Yea those look just like what I have (sorry to say)and they have some rods running through them to hold them up.

Difference is mine's all one piece, if I remember right.

Do those two fit together to make one piece the size of what I have??
Robert

Hi,

If you look at the pics in the link, you'll see a single stem/rod extending out from middle back.

When you remove the old two, you look at those and measure that stem.

Then break off the stem on new ones the same length.

BEFORE removing old, see which one is on top.

When they go back in, you'll see a hole in back wall that the two stems go into.

One then sits atop of the other and screws hold in place.

Yes, when together, they will be same size.

Thanks,
Robert
bqz

Thanks Robert,
I'm going to look at the one I have and probably order parts soon.

If for some reason I order parts and they don't match are they returnable?
Robert

Hi,

IF not installed, yes, they are returnable minus shipping costs.

However, I do this (internet consults, troubleshooting and parts sales) on the side from 28+ years of HVAC field service, repair,install.

They will fit and work, let me know if ya have any problems.

The bottom of top element plate curves outward to sit atop the upper plate of bottom element.

They are screwed into furnace facing then.

At backside, the stems go into two holes to support from back.

Thanks,
Robert
bqz

Hay Robert,
I'm finally getting around to ordering those parts,But after looking on the web page I can't seem to find part # 626409.
Do you think they could have changed the part # on me,would you happen to know what the replacement part # is?
Did notice they had 626429 on there twice ,maybe typo???
Robert

Hi,

LOL, I don't see 626429 once, much less twice.

Anyway, sometimes parts are not listed as we continue to add more to store.

Limit # 626409 @ $20.90 each (you need two) + $6.75 shipping.

To order those and other other parts, please call toll free after

9 AM CST to 1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard or have a PayPal Invoice sent to you for payment.

Thanks,
Robert