nordyne heat problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

andy taylor

Robert,

They all had 120Vac.
Robert

Hi Andy,

Ok, still doing good. How many wires comes from your motor and what colors are they ?

They should come from motor back to a white plastic molex plug connector.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
andy taylor

5 wires

blue
red
black
orange
yellow
Robert

Hi Andy,

Ok, still good. Locate M1 on top of one of the sequencers. It should have a double terminal.

One black wire going to middle element and a yellow wire (colors may differ) going to terminal 3 of Blower Switch (On - Auto).

With a call for heat and you reading 120vac from M1 to a good ground, follow the wire to blower switch and test at that terminal connection to a good ground for 120vac.

IF you read 120vac, test from MIDDLE #2 terminal to ground for 120vac. Should be brown wire from that #2 terminal going to molex plug either #1 or #2 hole.

IF you read 120vac there as well, follow brown wire to molex 1 or 2 hole and shove lead in the hole and test to ground for 120vac.

ALL tests are with call for heat and 120vac at M1 to ground.

Let me know, should find fault soon.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
andy taylor

Robert,

everything checks out okay. I even follwed brown wire from molex to relay and checked there and read 120Vac. This is the relay that I understand is for a/c. This also is the relay that was replaced 2 yrs ago, the one that is different than the original in that it has 7 connectors instead of 6 and a coil built in to the back of it.

If tests reveal a problem here, I have a new #621867 relay that should be there. Problem is it's #'s are different in where wires should be connected and I'm not sure of what wires go where.
Robert

Hi Andy,

Been laid up for last 13.5 hours due to fall yesterday. Will be back in tonight and lay out remainder of needed info.

Sorry it took so long for us to get on same page, it is sometimes hard to type what you are wanting to say.

Anyway, get the new relay mounted and then you can wire when I reply back.

Best to have original anyway, so would replace the relay irregardless.

That relay is for a/c, BUT plays into heat circuit for blower as well.

By tomorrow or late tonight, you should have it going or know the fault.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi Andy,

Here are wire hookups for the 6 terminals on new blower relay:

1 = Blue wire from terminal board G

3 = Yellow wire from common terminal of Secondary/Load side of transformer (a second Yellow wire from same terminal goes to terminal board C)

5 = TWO Brown wires from molex plug 1 and 2 holes

6 = Orange wire from Terminal Block 2 (part above the relay)

2 = Violet wire from Terminal Block 4

4 = Yellow wire from common terminal on Primary/Line side of transformer and a Black wire to molex plug 5 hole

On a call for HEAT:

0vac across blower relay 1 and 3

0vac across 5 and 6

120vac across 5 and good ground

120vac across 6 and good ground

120vac across 2 and good ground

120vac across 4 and good ground

240vac across 2 and 4

I'll check back later today.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy taylor

Robert,

Unit is working fine now! I wired the new relay just before checking to see if you had posted.

The little knowledge from my electronics classes 19 yrs ago helped somewhat. ha,ha,ha.

When I ordered the new sequencer I also ordered the correct relay just because I wanted the one that should be there. It turns out that was my problem. Go figure.

I laugh when I think that I could have fixed this sometime ago, but I'm a by the book kinda guy. I didn't want to guess.

We have quite a bit of posting between us don't we? Thank you sooo much for your help with this. Now I will have heat for Chistmas, but I will still light that ole fireplace Christmas morning.

Thanks again and may god bless you and your family this holiday season.

Andy(snakeman)
Robert

Hi Andy,

That is fantastic and you're very welcome. The testing of those H terminals is where we went astray.

Once you felt you had tested wrong and it was determined you did have the voltage there, it all fell in place.

Internet postings do that sometimes.

Yes, we have been conversing so much, it was like a penpal, LOL.

The end goal was met however and that is what Mark and I and all the others here are all about, helping those in need.

Enjoy that heat and yep, nothing like a sparkling fire early Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas and God Bless !!

Take care and best wishes,
Robert