MMHB-090ABHR Poor Heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kellster

Just moved into a new doublewide with the Nordyne MMHB-090ABHR-06. The unit had been cleaned and serviced recently.
I have noticed that I can't increase the household temp above 60-62 degrees and that the furnace was running a great deal.
Once thermostat is tripped it takes approx 30 seconds for the ignitor to light the burner( I can hear an audible click). But the burner will only stay lit for 10-15 seconds and then shut down. It will reignite again in approx 30 seconds and the burner will stay on for only 10-15 seconds. I continues to cycle like this and then eventually the blower will come on. The air from the registers is only a little warmer than room temperature.
Shouldn't the burner come on and stay on to get the air to a proper temperature?
I checked all the ground wires, the connectors running into the UTX series 1016 Hot Surface Ignitor and all were tight. There is also a red light on the 1016 at the bottom but it is not on.
I can think of nothing else to solve problem other than calling in a HVAC guy.
Any info or assistance would be much appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

It could be any one of a few things or a combo. Due to cost of some of these components, it would be best to have a Tech verify problem rather than possibly buy something unneeded.

We sell all parts at affordable prices and may then be able to help with lower cost on part.

Have you looked at the ignitor to see if it has any damage/cracks ?

Do not touch with bare hands/fingers.

Could be this, ignition module, clogged burner orifice, seperation between two pipes inside the roof-jack.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?