Help needed (Nordyne electric furnace)

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sak5259

Edited to add... from all the reading I've done, It looks like I may have a bad sequencer. Please confirm if you think I am correct!

A week ago, we came home to a cold house. Air conditioner works fine. Fan works fine, head didn't work at all. Wouldn't click on or anything. We had someone come look at it and our bottom element was burnt out. We ordered a new one installed it correctly. Now you can see the elements come on and get hot but they cut right back off. To sum it up, elements come on and cut off but the heat still doesn't trigger to come on. Can someone tell me what we need to check next? I didn't realize when I bought a mobile home, no one would know anything about it and you have to order everything! Thanks in advance for any opinions!! Oh, by the way, I left all info @ home but our home is 8 years old and I remember the furnace is an Nordyne E2 series.. Thank
Susan
Robert

Hi Susan,

Welcome to our site, bookmark it and read away when you can.

Most likely it is a sequencer problem, but not necessarily.

The sequencer controls all elements and the blower motor which comes on with first element.

By what you're saying, the elements energize, but blower motor does not run.

IF motor is not getting power, probably the sequencer.

However, it could be the motor IF it IS getting power.

Will need complete furnace model number to check on it and give parts quote.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sak5259

Thanks for your reply. Model # E2EB-015HA. The blower works fine in AC mode as well as when switched from Auto to On. Just not when it's switched to heat. Like I said before, now that we switched out the bad element, the elements cut on and off but no blower. Also, with this unit, is there only 1 sequencer?

Thanks!
Susan
Robert

Hi Susan,

Most likely the sequencer. The blower relay controls blower motor for a/c mode and when t-stat is set to Fan ON.

Sequencer controls it for heat mode.

It is actually two sequencer stacks on a single metal plate.

Sequencer # 621679 @ $35.00 + $6.75 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Let me know if you're outside the U.S. for added ordering info.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sak5259

Thanks for all your help! This website has actually been helpful for many things. I didn't realize when I purchased a mobile home that I couldn't run to Lowes for parts!

Thanks again, I'll purchase it today!
Susan
Robert

Hi Susan,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

There are quite a few things that can be purchased at Lowe's and used in your home.

It just takes imagination, modification and DIY saavy.

If ever unsure or you have questions, come back here, select appropriate forum and ask away.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
sak5259

Just wanted to let you know it was the sequencer of course along with the bottom element. It is running perfectly now. Better than it has in the past 2 winters. I'm guessing it hasn't been working properly for a while! Again, thanks for all your help!!
Susan
Robert

Hi Susan,

You're very welcome, glad all is good to go with it.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert