Nordyne M2RL080A-16B

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

tqptrb

Red led flashes three times, but pressure switch checks out, hoses clean, 27v. Yellow wire to gas valve body reads 14.6v clicks, reads 27v for split second and the system shuts down. Reading without yellow wire connected. When wire is connected I don't get a reading through eather yellow or brown wire.
Got any idea's or would this point to the gas valve? or control board? I would guess control board OK with the readings I got with the wire disconected.
Thanks
Tad
Robert

Hi Tad,

Go to pressure switch and determine the input low voltage side wire (24-28vac).

You should have that voltage to ground.

Then, on a call for heat from t-stat, you should still have that, BUT should also have same reading from other side to ground.

IF you have those, then follow output wire to next connection and test from there to ground.

When you have voltage at one point, but not at next, it is either the wire between them or the component.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tqptrb

only 2 wires to gas valve. Should I have 24v reading at brown wire and same on yellow wire?
Robert

If those are the 2 wires at gas valve, you place one meter lead on one and other meter lead on the other.

You should read 24-28VAC with a call for heat after about 1-2 minutes.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?