626529 vent limit switch

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Daniel

Have a nordyne gl1rc -060d -12a. worked fine for 1st year.
Now the vent limit switch p# 626529 is popping out.
Happens when using air or heat. Vent is not clogged or blocked.
When reset, unit works for a while then it pops.

When switch is bypassed heat and air works fine.

Whats up??
Daniel
Robert

Hi Daniel,

That switch is a safety in case the vent or combustion air piping becomes clogged . Check closely and ensure there are no blockages and no damage or seperation of piping.

IF all is ok, it could be just a faulty switch. That would be your call as to whether you feel that is what it is or whether you call a Tech for assurance.

Can give ordering info if needed, just let me know.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Russ

Hi, I am new to this group. I found the group by searching on the part number of a limit switch that is giving me trouble. I see that my problem is the same as Daniel's. My unit shuts off and this switch must me reset. It happens if let the house get too cold and I try to heat up to the set point. I appears that if the unit runs too long from a cold start, this limit switch kicks out. Just like Daniel, it did not do this for the first year or so that I had the unit. I was told by a repair guy that the install was not good and the exhaust pipe run was too long. If true, why would it run perfectly for a year?

What was the final resolution for Daniel. Any ideas how to solve my situation? I want to save on heating cost so I am trying to use a programmable thermostat. When I let it lower the temp at night, this limit switch is kicks out the next morning when the system tries to heat up the house. Any ideas would be very appreciated!

Russ
Robert

Hi Russ,

Please copy and paste your post to a new thread so we keep each one seperate.

Makes reading and understanding the questions/answers easier.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?