intertherm E1EB-015HA coils cycle on/off

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

ken granahan

OK I thought my problem was with the sequencer and replaced with the one I got from you this am and it did not work. My coils will cycle on/off even with no call for heat from the T-stat, plus blower fan will not come on unless switched to on @ T-stat. I have all the 120/240 volts but only seem to be getting 17v @ the sequencer and off of the transformer.
Robert

Hi,

Going to have to start at transformer and trace test with meter the entire circuit, both main voltage and low voltage during heat mode.

At transformer, you must have 240vac input on primary-line side and 24vac on the secondary-load side.

Don't understand what you mean by coils cycling on/off.

Is it doing that with new sequencer ?

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ken granahan

I have 240 going to transformer and 27 out. I took the blower off and all coils are fine but the bottom one will heat up then kick off unless I turn off all power. I'm guessing sequencer #2 ????? Is the fan controlled by the sequencers ?????
Robert

Hi,

First coil and blower = M1/M2

Second coil = M3/M4

Third coil = M5/M6

They sequence first on, last off .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
ken granahan

Mine has 2 sequencers, I ordered the one for the top two coils last week and replaced it. It fell apart when I pulled the wires off, so it needed replacing anyways. The bottom coil is the one that will heat up for a few seconds and then shuts back off again, with no call for heat. The blower will only kick on when switched to on at the thermostat.
Robert

Hi,

Your furnace has Sequencer # 621696 and Sequencer # 621383.

Both can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

They have to be wired back correctly in order for blower to operate in auto mode.

The sequencer is what controls the elements and the blower motor.

You could have a loose wire somewhere or a problem with blower relay, but usually the problems revolve around the sequencers.

Thanks,
Robert
ken granahan

I ordered sequencer #2 yesterday, will have to get it in before I can go any further.
Robert

Sounds good, let me know if you need anything.

Thanks,
Robert
ken granahan

OK, got second sequencer installed today. It also fell apart when I tried to pull the wires off, but this still did not solve my problem. The bottom coil still just heats for maybe 10 seconds than kicks back off, guess I'm going to need the bottom limit switch next correct???? Getting tired of waiting for parts so I figure I'll change both limit switches and the fan relay part numbers I'm getting off of them is:

bottom limit switch 626-429?

top limit switch 626-428A

fan relay 6205370

fan switch 9636

Do you have all of these parts ????

Ken
Robert

Hi Ken,

We have the parts, but try this first. Make a couple to three jumper wires.

Jumper the limits and see if the element works then or does it still not work. Watch furnace closely by feel and if you feel unusual heat, turn off.

The limits may be opening due to weak contacts or could be opening due to overheating.

The fan switch and fan relay are not in the element circuit.

You could have a bad element. Are you getting full 240vac across the element ?

Thanks,
Robert
ken granahan

furnace problem update:

I have replaced both sequencers, both limit switches and the fan relay. The bottom element does NOT come on without a call for heat, which was one of the original problems, but the furnace will still not operate. With a call for heat at T-stat the bottom element will heat up for maybe 10 seconds and then will kick back off again, thus not allowing the middle or top element to heat up. The fan relay will only get a 24vac signal when switched to on @ the T-stat. What tells the middle and top coils to turn on and when is the blower supposed to kick on ?
Can the bottom coil be "opening" prematurely and thus not allowing the other coils to heat or sequencer 1 to not operate correctly ?
I have 24vac at both sequencers and have ohm'd out all coils, all read ~ 10 ohms.................I'm getting frustrated and the old lady and kids are bitching that it's cold.............lolololo........
Robert

If you have 24vac at both sequencer bottom coils and the sequencer is new and correct one, recheck all the wiring.

The t-stat sends the 24vac to the heater coils at sequencer bottoms and that closes the contacts to elements and blower.

M1 and M2 control one element and the blower.

Thanks,
Robert