m1mb 070a bw furnace ignites but no hot air

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

trekops

at first my igniter went out then i replaced it and the furnace will fire up after like the 3rd try and then when the main house blower turns on then the flame dies and it will continue this. it sounds like the gas valve switches off when the house blower starts not sure if this is normal never really paid attention when it was working.
any help on this would be great i would REALLY appreciate it

thanks,
rob
Robert

Hi Rob,

Need to put a meter to the gas valve and see if it loses the 24vac before the burner flame goes out.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
trekops

ok i figured it out when i installed the new igniter i didnt put it close enough to the flame front. the igniter also acts as a thermo couple or flame sensor all good now hope some one learns from my mistake.
Robert

Hi,

Yep, that'll do it, thanks for update.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?