MMHB-090ABHR-06 Will not fire up

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Chewman

Thank you for this site!

I just spend some time reading past posts and I think I have it but want to double check with the expert's before laying down cash for parts.

I have the above model Furnace and it has worked for years just fine heating my detached garage until this fall. Normally I have the thermostat set at 48 and it comes on after sitting idle waiting all summer. This year no go. I cycled it a few times and still no go, I hear it do the cycle, but no heat.

Popping the cover I noticed that the Hot Surface Igniter 1018 flashes 3 times at me after a failed cycle. I looked through the peep-hole and didn't see anything glowing during a cycle. I opened up the furnace and pulled the burner out and everything looked OK. I check the electrical connections and everything looks tight and clean. When the furnace is running a start cycle I can smell gas if I hold the peep hole open.

3 flashes you have indicated in other posts is typically a bad ignitor or flame sensor which the no glow on a start signal would also indicate. It shouldn't be the gas valve if I can smell gas on the attempt to start. Am I thinking about this right?

Is there a way to test the ignitor or is it a just replace and see if it fires item?

Thanks for the help!

Chewman
Robert

Hi,

Follow wires from ignitor to plug connector, disconnect, place meter leads in furnace plug, set t-stat to call for heat, wait about a minute or so and see if you get a reading of 120vac.

IF you do and ignitor was not energizing, it is bad.

Let me know what it reads and I'll give ordering info if needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Chewman

Did the test you asked, and the plug has 120 volts to it!

What part do I need?
Chewman
Robert

Hi,

Ignitor # 902661A can be seen and ordered through Paypal

from right side of page here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneGas.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Chewman

Thanks Robert!

Just ordered the igniter. I will let ya know how it works out!

Thanks again for all the help!

Chewman
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Chewman

Got the ingnitor yesterday, had it installed in about 15 minutes and had heat!

Thanks for the great help!

Chewman
Robert

You're very welcome, thanks for ordering with us.

Merry Christmas !!

Take care and best wishes,
Robert