E2EB-015HB

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

raydizzle34

I have a quick question...

When I turn on the circuit breakers to the unit, the strip heaters come on and stay on unless i turn the breaker off again. And the blower motor does not operate in heating, cooling or when I just set fan mode to "on" at the thermostat. Is it possible that the contactor is stuck and led my motor to also go bad?
Robert

Check Primary-Line side of transformer for 240VAC and Secondary-

Load side for 24VAC.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
raydizzle34

I figured it out. It seems that the contactor was stuck in the closed position and sent power to the fan relay (which was in the normally closed position). The motor never shut off and eventually when the t-stat called for a/c the motor was activated in 2 different speeds and well the old motor isn't working any longer... LoL

Replaced the motor, cap, and contactor and it all is working now!

Thank you for your help
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?