Wesco furnace won't shut off...sometimes

Questions about repairs and parts for other brands of furnaces and air conditioners. Please note that our speciality is Coleman and Nordyne products, so our knowledge of other brands may be limited.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

JohnU

Hi mobilehomers!
I've searched the threads and found several similar problems:
My Wesco 960K Electric Central Heating Furnace, intermittently keeps running when the thermosat setting has been satisfied. I replaced the thermostat, no change. I've gone so far as to disconnect the thermostat when the furnace is in this condition and it still keeps running. From what I can gather this narrows it down to the sequencer. The problem is of course Wesco is no longer in business. Is there a replacement sequencer available? The sequencer is on a metal plate with two "relays" attached, The numbers at the top of the plate are: 15SH24---7918---309536, and below that 7225136-04.
Then, on the top "relay": TOD, and below that: 14SH22---24V---309121
---------------------------------------------------
On the bottom "relay": TOD, 12SH22---24V---308718
-------------------------------------------------------
There appear to be three elements, the bottom one measures 5 ohms, the other two 11 ohms each.
--------------------------------------------------------
Fan switch works.
--------------------------------------------------------
One wire from the 24 volt xfmr was laying across a terminal of the sequencer and was melted at that spot, I fixed that and it did not resolve the problem.
---------------------------------------------------------
Is there a sequencer available that will replace mine?
Thanks for this great forum and..oh yea...
I am HUMBLY GRATEFUL!
JohnU :D
Robert

Hi,

Look on the plate for something like this:

H1-110 C1-110

or similar.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?