E-2EB-015HB Fan and heat problems

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jamescg

a couple of days ago, my electric turn off ,do to some outage, when the electric was turn back on,i had problems with an and heat, my a/c works fine on auto and fan on, but when i put the heat on auto,nothing happens. when i put the heat on (fan on) the fan comes on but i get no hot air, can u please help. i really need a step by step troubleshooting, pics if you have them of parts and where i should be checking for voltage,or what you think i should check.thanks
Robert

Hi,

Possibly a bad contactor which controls the heating elements and the blower motor.

You can see and order Contactor # 621958 from top right here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

If you look at the ends, you see a set of two brass colored terminal spades on each side.

With a meter lead on one of the spades on each side, one end should read 240VAC and other end should read 0VAC.

Then, set t-stat to call for heat, test the side silver terminals and should read 24VAC.

IF so, you should now read 240VAC at the end that previously read 0VAC.

IF not, contactor is bad.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jamescg

what and where is the contactor which controls the heating elements and the blower motor.
Robert

Hi,

Go to the link given to see it, click on pic for enlarged view.

It is the relay switch which energizes the elements and blower motor.

It is on back wall of controls compartment just above the heating element front plates.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?