Intertherm e1eh-015ha, blower doesn't spin.

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bcasteel

Hi...I have a similar, but slightly different problem with the same exact heat pump model. Mine is about 11-12 years old. I can hear the relays click, and when I look down through the blower blades I can occasionally see the heating element glow. However, the blower will not turn.

If I (carefully) use a screwdriver to nudge the blades, it "moans" for a second and eventually picks up speed and starts blowing. When the thermostat kicks off, then back on, the blower does not resume and I have to nudge it again.

I moved the switch next to the blower from "auto" to "on" and gave it another nudge. It now blows continuously, and the rest of the unit switches on only when the thermostat tells it to. Not ideal, but at least we won't freeze.

I assume the blower motor needs to be replaced. I'm pretty sure I can do the work myself. The blower is held in by 2 screws and appears it can be slid out once those two screws are removed. There are also two wiring harnesses - one plug on each side - that appear to be fairly easy to unplug. It also appears the motor has 3 mounting brackets that can be unscrewed from the blade housing.

1. I'm not sure what replacement part or parts to purchase.
2. Will the replacement have all the necessary harnesses attached?
3. Since I'm going to have to remove it anyway, should I replace the entire blower (motor, blades, housing), or just stick with replacing the motor?

I should clarify that even though this is an E1EH model, it works as a "total comfort" system (A/C in summer. Not sure why mine is an EH only model number unless the Mobile Home installer added their own A/C unit.)

Thanks in advance!
Robert

Hi,

A/C is often added after the home is bought.

1- Could be the motor, run capacitor or both. Run cap must be replaced with motor any way if motor is needed.

2.- Motor comes with motor wires. IF the molex plug is not part of motor wiring, they can be purchased through us as well.

3.- Replacing motor may be only option, not sure entire assembly is still available.

Unplug motor plug and test to see if motor is getting full 120vac to motor when it is not running.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bcasteel

Robert wrote:Hi,

A/C is often added after the home is bought.

1- Could be the motor, run capacitor or both. Run cap must be replaced with motor any way if motor is needed.

2.- Motor comes with motor wires. IF the molex plug is not part of motor wiring, they can be purchased through us as well.

3.- Replacing motor may be only option, not sure entire assembly is still available.

Unplug motor plug and test to see if motor is getting full 120vac to motor when it is not running.

Thanks,
Robert
Thanks for the reply, Robert. Can you tell me what part numbers I need for the motor and run cap?

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Look on blower housing front and see if there is a model number.

What HP is the motor and how many speeds ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bcasteel

Look on blower housing front and see if there is a model number.

What HP is the motor and how many speeds ?

Thanks,
Robert
It's a Nordyne blower and the part number is 497750. A relay box was mounted on top of the label, so I had to unbolt it.

A picture of the label is here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3519/321 ... 4281_b.jpg

The blower finally gave out today. It started making a lot of noise and sounded like it wasn't blowing at full speed, so I turned off the system at the breaker box.
Robert

Hi,

Blower Motor # 902512

Run Capacitor # 622132

Both can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
bcasteel

Blower Motor # 902512

Run Capacitor # 622132

Both can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Awesome, I just ordered them a little while ago - Overnight. Any chance they'll get shipped today? If not we'll have a cold weekend ahead.

Much thanks!!
Robert

Will check today and let you know if it was shipped yesterday.

Thanks,
Robert
bcasteel

Robert wrote:Will check today and let you know if it was shipped yesterday.

Thanks,
Robert
Hey Robert,

I was sent a UPS tracking number last night. The shipment is out for delivery as of this morning. Much thanks!!!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, figured it was shipped quickly, Mark and staff

are really good about getting the shipments out the door.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
bcasteel

You're very welcome, figured it was shipped quickly, Mark and staff

are really good about getting the shipments out the door.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Yes, I got it installed relatively quickly. I had to change out the molex connector. The new one was 12 pin, the old one was a flat 6 pin. I made sure the wires matched matched up to the right holes when i changed it out.

I've noticed that this motor is a bit louder than the original GE one. It has a bit of a fast, rhythmic hum.

Is there anything I can do to quiet it down a bit?
Robert

Hi,

Without being there, it's hard to say, as if there is not an actual problem, then there is nothing you can do.

Make sure it is wired to correct speeds and all is tight.

Thanks,
Robert