Intertherm E2EB-012HB Not running long enough to heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jive

Hello all! Here is my problem, my Intertherm electric furnace has been working fine up up till the past week or so. Here is the problem: If I turn the thermostat up, say from 64 degrees to 68 degrees, it takes forever to reach the desired temperature. also, it seems like the furnace should run until that temperature was reached, however mine will run maybe 2-5 minutes, then shut off for a couple minutes, then run again I have a Hunter 44155c thermostat btw. I recently changed the filter, so that is ok, and last year I cleaned the motor area, and squirrel cage. Any ideas?
----

Jive
Robert

Hi,

Does the elements and blower all turn off and on or just the blower motor ?

Also, do yourself a huge favor and get another t-stat.

Go to an hvac supply if possible and get a Honeywell or White Rodgers or go to a big box home store and get a Honeywell.

IF you must get a cheaper or lower brand, then get a Rite Temp as a last resort.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
jive

Thanks for the reply. Far as I know, the blower and coils shut off. How can I check? Also, what is the benefit of a better thermostat? Thanks again!

Jive
----

Jive
Robert

Hi,

Most likely a bad contactor, but could be a bad t-stat also.

Contactor # 621958 can be seen and ordered through PayPal

from right side of page here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Replacing the t-stat was a free tech tip. Anytime you can get a better t-stat it is good, but in this case it is way good.

Will save you a lot of headache later on.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?