HVAC not blowing air

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

heater20

I have a Nordyne P3RA-030K unit, and this past summer it started having problems. This is what was happenning on the AC part the compressor would come on and stay on the blower would come on for a second and then drop out. I called a HVAC Tech and he cleaned the evaporator coils and replaced the thermostat. Now we are running the Heat part and the unit will kick on or the blower, then turn right back off. Not sure if the heating elements are staying on are not. If I flip the breaker in the electrcial panel to off then on it will work for a while. Say for a cycle or two then I have the same problem or the process starts over. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

I don't have a wiring diagram of your unit with the heating kit installed.

However, from what I have and know, I would say first place to check is the contactor and blower relay.

One or both may be bad or failing.

Can give ordering info if needed.

Thanks,
Robert

Thanks
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?