CMF 80 PG

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

VCFD

It's been awhile since I've been on the site but I could use some help.
I have a Miller CMF 80 PG furnace. 2 weeks ago, when I opened the house, the furnace was not running. The T-stat was set at 55 but the temp in the house was so low the digital readout only said "low" (luckily no pipes were frozen). I turned it off, and after a few seconds turned it back on. I heard the T-stat click and then the furnace started normally and worked fine for 2 days. This weekend the same thing happened. I was able to once again able to get it running by turning the power off and on again.

The T-stat was new last year but I replaced it anyway and the same thing happened. Any ideas on what would cause the furnace not to start when the T-stat sends the signal?
Whatever It Takes
Robert

Hi,

Are you sure that t-stat is in fact sending signal to furnace when it fails to start ?

Have you tested white t-stat wire at furnace to ground for 24vac ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?