Nordyne P3RA-030K heating element replacement

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Jerry D

Should I replace both of the heating elements at the same time and where can I find the replacements? Does the part no. needed contain the two separate elements, or do I need two each of the part nos.? The part number of the heating element is W3P0802 on a Nordyne P3RA-030K heating unit.
Robert

Hi Jerry,

Is your packaged a/c unit w/heater kit 1 phase or 3 phase. Should be 1 phase, but stranger things have happened.

Also, what kw rating is your heater kit ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Jerry D

Thanks Robert, The unit is a 2004 nordyne one phase. The heating kit number is H3HK-008H-01, 5.4/7.2 KW. There are two separate heating coils and one still works and I can get the temperature up to 65 degrees.
Robert

Hi Jerry,

Trying to see if it can be had or if it can be restrung if not.

Do the coils feed through small round ceramic insulators or do they attach /clip onto ceramic insulators ?

Are the coils thumb size or ring finger size ?

Got an email sent off to our number one Nordyne distributor sales guy.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Jerry D

Hi Robert,
The coils are thumb size, that is if I were to put my thumb thru the coil. They are attached to a crimped connector. They do not pass thru any round ceramic connectors but the coil attaches to a connector to keep the coils apart.

Thank You.
Robert

Still waiting to hear from distributor, will contact again today.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

Hi Jerry,

The distributor said it is still avaiable and is currently in production at factory.

Next group will be ready at end of January.

Cost is $165.00 + $8.00 shipping .

If interested, check back with me at end of January or beginning

of February.

Thanks,
Robert
Jerry D

Hi Robert,
Thanks again, yes I would like to order the part. Just tell me how to do it.
Robert

Hi Jerry,

Please call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and speak with Mark. Just update him on this thread, he is aware, but probably won't remember the details.

If you cannot get an answer after repeated tries (busy office phones), write him at [email protected] .

Thanks,
Robert