Model, cmf 80-po

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Elroy

:cry: where do I start?, 1. I have a Miller Oil furnace, model cmf 80-po. about 4 years ago the motor on the burner was tripping the reset button so I bought a new one, and replaced it, worked fine. This year, The primary control started to need resetting.
A Honeywell. I went to a plumbing and heat supply to get a new one. They sold me a Carlin Electronic Oil burner control.
I wired it where the Honeywell was,,next to the transformer above the motor. For a few days it was fine. But, the carlin is made with a plastic box( Honeywell was a metal box) after the few days, I looked at it and the plastic box was warped from the heat.
and if it is set at 70 Deg. fer. it does shut off at 71, but it will not come on at 69. unless I press the reset button.
if not, it comes on at 60 or 59 and runs to 71 again. then not as it should again. So, I have relocated it(added wire) to the outside of the furnace .
(Elect. o/b control) but still will not start unless I press the reset button.. , was advised to clean the chamber.I removed the burner, and outer metal plate, inner plate, removed the inner white sleeve.(asbestos?) used a vacuum and got out all of the carbon. Removed the Blower fan and cleaned that. opened transformer and wiped the cad cell clean, returned the transformer to the original position. But still, when I press the reset, it works fine for that cycle. No reset, down to 60/59 to work properly. Also removed the door switch. when the thermostat (digital)senses 69 degrees, I hear it click to start the furnace, nothing. on the thermostat there is a heat/ ac button. if i switch it to the ac position, the burner starts and stops. for a second. back to heat, then ac again, start and stop again.( no ac is connected.)
Did I explain it well or do you need more information? I'm in New Hampshire and winter is cold here, help???
Robert

Hi,

You explained it well, but oil furnaces is an area I have had very little to almost no experience in.

With what you've said, I would get an experienced hvac oil tech to inspect, troubleshoot and diagnose it.

You may could then get part(s) and do repair yourself possibly.

In the long run, would be quickest, safest and often the cheapest.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?