Intertherm E2EB-015HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DoubleOhSam

Hi, I have been recently having a problem with my Intertherm E2EB-015HA. Well, I had to put a (heat?)-sequencer in it 3 or 4 years ago as It wasn't switching itself on when the thermostat signaled it to. I don't recall noticing any heat so as to hint that the element(s) was/were on. But after that I've had absolutely no problems till now. I was walking past the unit-enclosure the other day and noticed a lot of heat radiating inside the recessed space. After turning the breaker off, I checked again and it cooled down. When I turned it BACK on, it would run a full cycle, shut off, then hang-up trying to start the next cycle. The element or elements is/are heating up, obviously, but the fan won't kick on even though you can HEAR the thermostat click to turn it on. I have a heat sequencer I got from a friend's dad ( who does A/C repair) for $35. But, am unsure how/where to hook it up, and upon further consideration whether I even NEED to. It has 4 "spots" for hook-up, which I assume is 3 elements and a fan? And he suggested that even if it wasn't the right one, as long as there's 3 or less elements it would work. I was wondering if there are any tests I could run to determine the problem as I can't afford to call a repairman or just throw expensive parts at it. Right now we turn the heat on for a full cycle, then after it finishes turn off the breaker, just to get by till the weekend as I work 12 hr. shifts. Oh, also, when I got home today and turned it on, it must've run for 35-40 mins. with no sign of stopping, although it was warming up the house. And I don't recall hearing the thermostat ever click (which I normally do) to make it turn off, although it may have. Could it even be the thermostat? It is a Hunter model 44110. Thanks for your time.

-Sam
Robert

Hi Sam,

Disconnect blower wiring harness, remove screws from blower bottom side flanges and carefully slide blower housing out.

Turn power OFF first though. Then get a bright light and lean into furnace to look down at heating elements and see if any are broke or have fallen and are touching the frame or sides or each other.

IF all is ok, probably a bad sequencer.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?