??New Thermostat??

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Denise

I THINK I need a new thermostat. The unit is running and running. It gets so hot in here I can't stand it. It's an Intertherm (from inside the cover plate #65A-473-765) that came with the home. The furnace is a Nordyne E2EB015. This is a heat-pump style furnace. I (think I) would like to replace the thermostat with a digital unit.

Advise/recommendations appreciated.
Thanks...
tritontr

Once the house reaches what you believe to be the correct temperature setting on the t-stat move the switch to the (off) position and see how long it takes for the unit to shut off. Do this a few times waiting 5 minutes after it shuts off to set it to heat position again that way you won't short cycle the compressor in the outside unit if you do have a heat pump. The purpose of this is to see if you may have a problem with a furnace component sticking (sequencer if equipped) causing the problem. As far as the digital stat goes they are great energy savers especially if no one is at home for long periods during the day. First you must determine if you have a heat pump or A/C with electric heat the easiest way is to get the model number off your outside condensing unit.
Robert

Hi,

E2EB015......HA or HB ?

E2EB015HA or E2EB015HB

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Denise

Robert,
Sorry, the information under my kitchen sink doesn't say HA or HB.
Where else might I find that information?

Thanks,
Denise
Robert

Hi Denise,

Turn furnace OFF and remove front door panels. Look on furnace facing for data sticker/nameplate which will have furnace specs, model and serial numbers.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?