pressure witch problems

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

carsonfam

I have a m1m nordyne furnace. The fan motor on the exhaust comes on but blower will not. the consoles tells me the pressure switch. I tried blowing in it, didnt work. I checked the tubes, (both clear) I replaced pressure switch. the red light still flashes after I replaced with manufacture replacement part. Im not sure how to test it or what my next move will be to correct. By the way the lower tube on the exhaust snapped off when I was removing, so I apoxy it in place, does the long stem on the inside of pipe need to exsist or can it be apoxeed on the side.

Thanks for any help.
Bruce
Robert

Hi Bruce,

Does the burner ignite ? How many flashes from diagnostic bulb on module ?

Clarify what you had to epoxy.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
carsonfam

THANKS ROBERT
BURNER DOES NOT IGNITE, STILL 2 RED LIGHT FLASHES. JUST LIKE BEFORE I REPLACED PRESSURE SWITCH.
WHEN I WAS REMOVING THE TUBES FROM THE EXHAUST PIPE, THE LOWER TUBE WHICH IS JUST ABOVE THE INTERNAL EXHAUST FAN BROKE WHERE IT GOES INTO THE EXHAUST PIPE. IT IS A 3" BLACK HARD PLASTIC TUBE. WHAT I DID WAS, APOXY THE LOWER TUBE FROM PRESSURE SWITCH INTO THE ORIGINAL HOLE.

THANKS, BRUCE
Robert

Hi Bruce,

Ok, are you referring to one of the two small ports that stick out from

side of booster assembly that the two small 1/4" silicone tubes from

pressure switch attach to ?

If so, the small port needs to attach inside tube and must be

completely sealed at booster assembly.

The pressure remaining open can be bad pressure switch, kinked, clogged or loose tubes from pressure switch, faulty booster motor not running well enough to reach design w.c. pressure, blocked, loose or damaged vent air pipe to booster assembly .

Can also be no 24vac at pressure switch.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
carsonfam

Hi Robert,

thanks for the info.

I have another question:

Is it necessary to have the flow probe hooked up, The Flow tube is the part that broke, so when I apoxyd the lower hose from pressure switch to the combustion blower assembly I only had a 1/2 " length piece of the flow Probe hooked up to end of hose (due to being broke). It appears that the flow probe needs to be over the middle of fan in the combustion blower assembly for proper operation. do you know if this is correct.

Also do I need to silicon around pipe to combustion blower assembly and the pipe on the top. it is moves and not sealed completely.

Thanks Again, Bruce

[/i]
Robert

Hi Bruce,

Yes it is and it extends almost to center of booster assembly.

Flow Probe # 669292R @ $6.95 + $8.00 shipping can be seen

and ordered through PayPal from left side of page here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneGas.html

That'll solve that fairly quickly.

Silicone under bottom booster assembly flange where it mounts on furnace shelf.

Also around bottom of orifice ring which sits atop assembly and around top of orifice ring where air pipe slides over it.

Basicly, all seams/joints need to be sealed for correct combustion air w.c. pressure to be achieved.

Thanks,
Robert
carsonfam

Hi Robert,

Your knowledge is truly Amazing, You hit it right on the nose. I replaced Flow Probe and silicon around pipes like you said. Presto, I'm Back in the saddle. It was so nice turning on the thermostat and seeing a steady red light. Your the man.

Thank You Very Much.

Bruce from Aptos, California
Robert

Hi Bruce,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert