Nordyne electric furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Troy

I have just purchased a nordyne e3eb-017H and have a couple of questions.

My subpanel inside my mobile home is 150amp service and my outside main panel that my mobile home is plugged into is 60amp I think, its the old style fuse block. there are two Buss non-60amp 250volt fuses in the fuse block.

Would I have to update my main panel to hold the load?
My furnace uses a 60amp and a 30amp 220volts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I would like to get my new furnace installed.
thanks
Troy Buresh
Robert

Hi Troy,

You should have 200A home service panel to run an electric furnace and household off of.

The breakers inside the furnace are for furnace wiring only and are non overcurrent breakers and therefore can be over sized.

Call an electrician to have home compatible for furnace being installed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Troy

thanks for your help.
what I would like to know is if I need to update my incoming service panel too. The outside service is I think 60amp service.
will I have to update that service too?

I just would like to know on what I need updated to run my furnace.
thanks in advance

troy.
Robert

Outside upgraded to 200A to inside home upgraded 200A service panel will do it.

Then have cables ran to furnace and connected to furnace breakers.

Can sometimes under certain conditions get by with a little less, but I recommend 200A for all electric furnace homes.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tritontr

Your upgrade must include 200amp rated wiring from your sub-panel to the outside main panel and also the wiring from that outside main to it's source must be 200amp rated. You may have already factored this in but I've seen a lot of people who just upgrade a panel or go to a larger breaker and never change the wire size to match the amp load which can be very dangerous. It's the wire that has to handle the load. As Robert pointed out use a licensed electrician for this upgrade. Good luck
Troy

Thanks for all of your help I have a contractor updating my panels. The contractor is going to update my outside main to 200amp and my inside with 150amp. He said it is cheaper to go with a 150amp inside since I do not have electric hot water heater.
hope he is right. I have ac window air conditioning for the summer.

When I get the furnace installed I will let you know how things worked out.

My furnace is nordyne e3eb-017H
Where are the wires for the thermostat at? I will be only using two wires since I will be using the furnace for heat only and no ac.
thanks in advance.

Out here its hard to get anyone to work on a mobile home. They don't like to work on mobile homes due to code I guess. I wish I could find someone to install furnace but no luck yet.
So I will be installing it and any help will be greatly appreciated.
I just want to make sure but both of the breakers inside the furnace need to be hooked up on two 250volt breakers? Inside sub-panel two double pole breakers a 60amp on a 6awg wire and a 30amp on a 10awg wire? The wire I am using is cerrowire type UF. Is this the correct wire to use?
I know I should get some to install furnace but cannot find anyone to do it as of yet.
so any help is greatly appreciated.
Troy

sorry what I meant was 220volt breakers? and where do I connect the thermostat wires at on the furnace.

thanks in advance
Troy.
Robert

Hi Troy,

Is the contractor a licensed electrician ? That's what you need and get him/her to run wire to furnace also.

UF wire is for underground burial, not needed there.

At t-stat, red to RH and White to W. At furnace they go to R and W on a terminal strip or the red to power 24vac side of transformer and white to one side of sequencer bottom heating coils.

Thanks,
Robert