furnace blowing cold

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

expoman1997

I have a nordyne furnace #E2EB 010. Due to a recent short in the system. I have replaced the Blower motor, blower relay, and sequencer. Since then it will blow warm air sometimes. Usually it blows normal cool air. Should I have replaced the Limit switch too? Is that the problem? Thanks
Robert

Could be a bad/open limit, bad element, bad breaker or wiring (burnt) problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
expoman1997

All of the wires are new also. Also the outside heat pump is not working. I opened the cover on my thermostat and notice a burn mark on the white wire at the soder point on the top mercury tube with the green tip. The only way i am getting heat is when the bottom mercury tube with orange tip activates im guessing that is the emergency heat. Thanks
Robert

Hi,

T-stat will need replacing, not sure if that is all though without being there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?