Nordyne High Efficiency M2RL Series

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bhough

Hi,
First a quick introduction, my name is Brian, live in New Hampshire & have a Miller CMF 100.
I am currently looking into changing fuel systems from kerosine to natural gas because of cost & storage issues. I am hoping someone in the group can share their thoughts about the M2RL series. It is energy efficient & certified for Gov tax credits.
Thanks,
Brian
Rod

Brian,

The M2 & M3 Models are both 90% eff and your current CMF-100 kero/oil is probably somewhere around 80%. As far as the govt tax credits a hot-air furnace needs to be 95% for the new program. Inquire with your Nat gas supplier they may have a program as well that would work.

Good Luck

Rod
bhough

Rod wrote:Brian,

The M2 & M3 Models are both 90% eff and your current CMF-100 kero/oil is probably somewhere around 80%. As far as the govt tax credits a hot-air furnace needs to be 95% for the new program. Inquire with your Nat gas supplier they may have a program as well that would work.

Good Luck

Rod
Would you know anything about the equipped with Electronic Commutated Motor (ECM) or equivalent advanced furnace fan system is on this series? It a extra rebate class sponsered by CEE.
Rod

sorry. I do not believe they are.

Rod
bhough

Ok, what is the difference or changes between the M2 & M3 & now the M4 series? I went to the local wholesaler yesterday about specific info & prices. The CMF series are the only sellers up here & there is little information on Miller's website.
Brian
Rod

M2 is available in up & downflow versions. & require return air ducting.

M3 is down flow & the best option for replacement. (return air thru front door like your CMF.

M4 is wider and won't fit in most MH furnace closets.

You have a CMF 100 now, so I would replace with a M3 80 (in most cases)

Also get a base Kit (most likely you will need 6") pop up a floor vent - how deep is the collar before the top of the duct work? This is how deep of a base kit you need.

We vent these using a Concentric Vent Kit also available from Miller.

Rod
bhough

What is a Concentric Vent Kit ? I would be using the roof. Do you still use the ac coil box for the unit to mount on?
Brian
bhough

bhough wrote:What is a Concentric Vent Kit ? I would be using the roof. Do you still use the ac coil box for the unit to mount on?
Brian

Disregard this subject, I found a diagram on it. I found out the MR4 series has the ECM.
Brian
Rod

OK good! Just make sure you can make the M4 fit. I believe the footprint is much wider than your CMF.

Good Luck with your project!

Rod
Robert

Better also be sure the blower motor is designed for a MH duct system.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bhough

Rod wrote:OK good! Just make sure you can make the M4 fit. I believe the footprint is much wider than your CMF.

Good Luck with your project!

Rod
Thanks, but I'm not sold on the M4 totally. I agree with you on the best/simple replacement the M3. My utility closet is tight & also 1/2 of the space is used for an entryway to the attic. I don't know about the cost difference between them. I can still get a $100. Rebate on the M3.
Brian
Rod

Hey again,

Not sure about the M4 but the M3 Has a promotional 5 year warranty on it right now. M3 is a good unit. I actually heat my shop with one.

Rod
bhough

Did you ever see this Miller? Which model is it? The seller claims it is a ac-combo & came out of a 2005 modular home.[img][img]userpix/4832_combo_1.jpg[/img]
Brian
bhough

bhough wrote:Did you ever see this Miller? Which model is it? The seller claims it is a ac-combo & came out of a 2005 modular home.Image
Brian
Another view.Image
Rod

Looks like a M1 series apprx 80% model. Its A/C compatible but does it include coil/condensor & the other items needed for the install.

If you can get model & serial # we can tell you more.

Rod