nordyne furnace issues

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

dradford

I have a nordyne model E2EH-023HB Electric furnace. Serial# E2E011203967.

My issues it that after its been on a while the contactors start opening and closing i guess is what you could say while its running. When they open and close it dims the lights like there is a draw on it. Then eventually it will shut off after running its cycle. There is also a humming noise coming from it while not running. Its not a loud noise. You have to get down next to it to hear it.

What should I do?
Robert

Hi,

Need to test contactors or have them tested by hvac tech to see if the 24vac low voltage signal remains constant during entire call for heat.

IF it does and contactor(s) are opening/closing, then it/they are bad.

Be sure it is contactor opening/closing and not a limit switch.

The humming noise is usually the transformer and that is usually a sign that it is aged and on its way out eventually.

Furnace turning on/off will effect amp draw and cause the dimming of lights sometimes.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?