Norydon or Coleman

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bhough

What are the pros & cons about these two brands?
Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

That is something that we do not get into here as we sell parts for all.

They are both most common brands for mobile homes, both have great units, both have problems at times.

The latter two can be said of all brands and types out there.

Best and most important thing to do is find a good and reputable hvac contractor with MH experience and sit down one on one with him/her.

Two or three of them would be even better.

Search the internet and in doing all this, you should have all the needed info and answers.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bhough

Ok, sorry about that. I guess it is like comparing a Chevy to a Ford...they have their moments good & bad. I used to maintain air handlers, mostly Trane & York and in the long run they were the same. I was asking about Coleman because there isn't many local dealers in NH.
Brian
Robert

Hi Brian,

No apology needed, no problem at all. Coleman is most common , but Nordyne has a lot out there also.

Nordyne has Intertherm and Miller as top brands for them.

I always tell folks that the installer will always be the absolute most important piece of the puzzle when getting an hvac system.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
tritontr

Brian if you are planning on buying this year it will be the last year you can have a choice between R-22 refrigerant or R410A. Next year all newly manufactured units will be R410A. They will not stop making the refrigerant R-22 it will be available for a long while. I will agree the installer and service tech makes all the difference when buying new especially if they are putting in a split system. Also when negotiating a price take advantage of the extended warranty programs that include parts and labor they are well worth the investment.